Do you realize baby boomers are retiring at a rate of 10,000 each day?
If you know someone who is about to retire, choosing the right gift can be a brain teaser. You want the present to acknowledge their years of service as well as reflect their personality. You want to keep their work achievements in mind while showing you know them beyond the job. What are their interests? How are they planning to enjoy the rest of their days? These 10 gift ideas will help congratulate a new retiree on a job well done and send them on their way.
- Commemorative Keepsakes – Gifts that commemorate your coworker’s years of hard work are always appropriate. Keepsakes like a custom plaque, clock or paperweight engraved with a name, date and personal message are always appreciated.
- Hobby Love– Do they love to play golf, tennis or another pastime? Consider a gift that shows you listened to their stories at the water cooler.
- Travel Accessories – The dream for many future retirees is to travel to far away destinations. If your soon-to-be retiree is the adventurous type, give them a personalized leather-bound journal to document their expeditions.
- Brand New Experiences – Does your colleague want to get started checking things off their bucket list? Find out what’s on their list and give them the experience. Tickets for a hot air balloon ride? Scuba diving classes? It will likely require plenty of research (and discreet questions) and will guarantee a complete surprise.
- Skill Memento – For an employee who has spent decades in a specific field, things that represent their expertise are special and one-of-a-kind. Gifts like patent plaques, antique medical equipment, a vintage typewriter or the hard hat and tools used on the job.
- A Laugh and a Smile – Keep the mood light by creating a funny video. Show it at the farewell party. Be sure to present a copy of it to the retiree along with tickets to a local comedy club.
- Group Thankyous – Have the entire office contribute to one unique present or a theme-filled basket filled with mementos.
- Charitable Contributions – For the person who has everything, donate to their favorite charity in their name.
- Social Get-Togethers – Retirement is a bittersweet event for everyone. While you are happy for the new opportunities coming your coworker’s way, let them know you plan to stay in touch. Give restaurant and movie gift certificates attached to a calendar. Circle a date each month and start planning your get-togethers.
- Sentimental Memories– Take a group photograph and have fellow employees sign the surrounding matte before you have it framed.
Personalize Custom Engraved & Color Printed Retirement Gifts at PlaqueMaker
From art deco crystal engraved clocks and jade circle crystal paperweights to wood photo frames and granite coaster tiles, PlaqueMaker has a large selection of high-quality gift ideas perfect for a retirement present. Our easy-to-use online design tools allow you to create personalized gifts for any occasion and budget. Each order comes with one free logo, photo or clip art with no-setup fees and no character limit. Place your order and receive an email with your free proof and quote in one business day. Once you approve your design, your personalized present ships from our warehouse two days later.
Design It Yourself – PlaqueMaker.com
PlaqueMaker.com is a family-owned and operated business located in Indiana. Our custom engraved plaques and more are proudly designed in the USA, using materials sourced from all over the world – that is 4 million plaques and counting since 1999! Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service specialists manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to production to delivery. Because we are an online-only operation with a single, locally-owned facility, we can offer a secure order process, lower prices, and the fastest possible completion. What’s more – we stand behind our products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and our Blog.