People who hold an associate, bachelor’s or graduate degree account for one third of all certificates earned.
In today’s job market, going to school to earn certificates from a community college, technical school or four-year institution is a no-brainer. If, after years in the workforce, you find yourself contemplating a return to school, many professionals are taking the same leap. They discover expanding their knowledge base in new areas of study helps them earn promotions and pay raises or sets them off in a new direction or career path.
Why Are College Graduates Also Earning Certificates?
Learning never ceases. A person continues their education because they want to stay on the cutting edge of their profession. Other motivations include:
- To Bolster Abilities – Someone who doesn’t grow up working with a computer may be seen as lacking when it comes time for promotion. Having a certificate in IT Network Management stops the doubt.
- To Learn New Skills – With all the new technology out there, having a certificate in web design, internet security systems or some other IT-related field makes your resume stand out.
- To Earn a Pay Increase – Additional skills make you the go-to employee and can earn you a raise.
- To Get a New Job – Some certificates can help make you a hot commodity in your profession. Find out what certificates you need. Do your research by talking with others who have already earned a certificate in what you are considering.
- To Find a New Career Path – If you are feeling burned out in your current job, consider taking a different path. Certificates take two years or less and you can be back in the workforce doing something you love.
Certificate Versus Certification
Earning a certificate involves a few years of classroom or online education in a particular field. Certification focuses on assessing a person’s knowledge in a specific profession. For example, medical professionals must be re-certified every few years to make sure they are up-to-date on the latest advances in their areas of expertise. IT professionals get certified in different software programs and codes.
Create Custom Award Certificates with Certificate Kits at PlaqueMaker
Our wood certificate plaque display kits are perfect for displaying important documents, including diplomas, credentials, certifications and more. Available in different sizes and materials, each certificate kit includes a plexiglass overlay and four gold-colored tacks for mounting. Light assembly is required. Once you submit your order, it will ship from our warehouse the next business day. We offer quantity discounts on custom products and gifts.
Design It Yourself – PlaqueMaker.com
PlaqueMaker.com is a family-owned and operated business located in Indiana. Our custom engraved plaques and more are proudly designed in the USA, using materials sourced from all over the world – that is 4 million plaques and counting since 1999! Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service specialists manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to production to delivery. Because we are an online-only operation with a single, locally-owned facility, we can offer a secure order process, lower prices, and the fastest possible completion. What’s more – we stand behind our products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and our Blog.