Take time to choose thoughtful gifts for your bridal party and thank those who are deeply invested in the success of your wedding.
If you’re wondering whether to give gifts to your bridal party, wonder no more. The answer is an enthusiastic yes! The members of your bridal party are likely your closest pals – the people you love and trust to help everything go perfectly on your big day. Gifts are a thoughtful way to thank them.
Of course, following traditional etiquette doesn’t mean you have to go with gifts that are the least bit stuffy and old-fashioned. Feel free to get creative with your bridal party gifts and match them to the personality of your friends and your wedding.
First, let’s cover a few gifting don’ts.
These faux pas will overshadow the heartfelt meaning of the gift.
- If they’re traveling to your wedding, don’t give something that’s tricky to take on an airplane – like wine, jarred food, produce or a pocket knife.
- Don’t give something very fragile, like wine glasses or delicate pottery. Fragile items can shatter and cause heartbreak, which is not in the spirit of a wedding.
- Don’t give something that’s out of character for your friends. If they’re all millennials, they’re unlikely to want fussy dinnerware, for example.
One thing is certain: Decide on bridal party gifts early, before your wedding gets too close and other details become the priority. Arrange for gifts two to three months before your wedding, then tuck them away until the perfect moment.
Now, let’s cover a few ideas starters for awesome bridal party gifts.
As you brainstorm what to choose, think about your party’s members and what kinds of things they’re into. Is it a group of friends who all love craft beer? Does everyone have an appreciation for handcrafted items? Would they prefer something customized or personalized?
It’s also a good idea to consider how they’ll be using the gift. If you’re asking them to wear custom jewelry or cufflinks during the wedding itself, you might need to select something that matches your wedding style. If it’s something for them to enjoy later, you can tailor it more specifically to their tastes. Here are some idea starters to get you thinking:
- Personalized tote bags
- Monogrammed shawls or blankets
- Cosmetics bags stuffed with fun makeup
- Custom picture frames
- Sturdy metal water bottles
- Satin slippers and/or silk robes
- Chocolates in keepsake boxes
- Personalized flasks or decanters
- Custom jewelry or cufflinks
- Fine soap sets
- Engraved hand mirrors
- Custom-engraved paperweights
- Gift cards for manicures, blowouts or massages
- Wood coaster sets
- A personalized experience, such as a spa day or girls weekend
Create Custom Crystal Circle Suncatchers at PlaqueMaker
Our personalized crystal glass suncatchers can thank the treasured members of your bridal party and commemorate the date of your wedding. Each crystal circle suncatcher is laser engraved with your personalized text and one free logo, photo or clip art. Add a suction cup for stylish display. Use our online design tools to create your own look or have our professional graphic designers create a look for you. Once you submit your order, a no obligation quote and free proof is emailed to you within one business day. Typically, your order ships from our warehouse two days after you approve your final design.
Design It Yourself – PlaqueMaker.com
PlaqueMaker.com is a family-owned and operated business located in Indiana. Our custom engraved plaques and more are proudly designed in the USA, using materials sourced from all over the world – that is 4 million plaques and counting since 1999! Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service specialists manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to production to delivery. Because we are an online-only operation with a single, locally-owned facility, we can offer a secure order process, lower prices, and the fastest possible completion. What’s more – we stand behind our products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and our Blog.