Show employees you value their work and appreciate their unique contributions with one-of-a-kind recognition.
Employee recognition awards are an excellent way for businesses to retain good workers and re-enforce strong team dynamics. Keeping these honors from becoming boring or stale is the real trick. Rather than sticking with the same categories every year, break away from the traditional with employee recognition – try humor.
Well-known funnyman Victor Borge once said, “Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” There is no hard and fast rule saying you cannot take a tongue-in-cheek approach to award categories. Make them apply to your office quirks or your employees’ personalities. Here are some to give you a head start.
10 Fun Employee Recognition Categories
- The Leader of the Pack – Salute the employee who always gets everyone working together.
- The Cheer & Sunshine Chairperson – Single out the one person who can bolster your team’s spirits and make any project exciting.
- The Wizard – To the individual who magically knows how to use every device, gadget and piece of equipment in the office.
- The Fix-It Phenom – Applaud this person’s ability to keep everything working from printers and copiers to laptops and coffee makers.
- The Record Keeper – For the team member who remembers everyone’s birthdays, wedding anniversaries and children’s names in addition to project deadlines.
- The Wellness Guru – Recognize the unofficial staff health nut who works tirelessly to encourage coworkers to eat better, limit caffeine and take the stairs.
- The Forward Thinker – For the thinker who continuously researches better ways to improve office productivity.
- The Job Whisperer – Three snaps for the team player who finishes job tasks while helping others.
- The Cool Under Pressure Coworker – For the guy or gal who can keep calm and carry on when deadlines are looming.
- The Jigsaw Puzzler – Clap for the person who shuffles the pieces of the office puzzle around and keeps things running smoothly.
Do any of these award categories remind you of a coworker? Nominate them!
Create Custom Cut-Out Desk Name Plates at PlaqueMaker
Our custom Cut-Out Desk Name Plates make a statement for any employee recognition award-winner at the office. These self-standing, UV-stable plastic name plates feature your text cut from the top of the material. Available in three sizes and a variety of colors, each order includes one free logo, photo or clip-art and message with no character limit. Custom design a name plate yourself with our easy-to-use online design tools. Quantity discounts are available when the top cut-out matches on all names plates. Submit your design and receive an email with your free proof and quote in one business day. Once you approve it, your personalized cut-out desk name plate ships from our warehouse two days later.
Looking for more ideas? Find 15 (more) unique categories for employee recognition awards here.
Design It Yourself – PlaqueMaker.com
PlaqueMaker.com is a family-owned and operated business located in Indiana. Our custom engraved plaques and more are proudly designed in the USA, using materials sourced from all over the world – that is 4 million plaques and counting since 1999! Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service specialists manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to production to delivery. Because we are an online-only operation with a single, locally-owned facility, we can offer a secure order process, lower prices, and the fastest possible completion. What’s more – we stand behind our products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and our Blog.