Choose to impress, not distress, your office guests.
People who visit your place of work tend to base their perceptions of both you and your company on your actions, your words and your workspace. Treating office guests cordially and with respect is just the start. A few thoughtful gestures can set the tone for a comfortable and professional interaction. To make a positive impression every time, follow these guidelines:
- Be ready for a meeting – prepare by having all the necessary information and materials at your fingertips.
- Clear your desk – tidy paper piles, file confidential information, throw away food and empty the garbage. Have extra pens and note paper handy for your guest.
- Check your office décor – minimize your computer screen, remove anything that could potentially make your guest feel uncomfortable and turn on the lights.
- Turn off your cell phone – allow voicemail to pick up calls on your office phone during the meeting.
- Be on time for a meeting – so your guest will know the meeting is important to you.
- Greet your guest – at the door. Stand up and offer a handshake. Or meet your guest in the lobby and escort them to your office.
- Ask your guest to sit down – indicate which seat is best.
- Offer your guest a beverage – either have a glass or bottle of water available or retrieve their requested drink yourself.
- Close your office door – for a confidential meeting. Take the meeting into a conference room if you work from a cubicle.
- End the meeting on time – to be respectful of your guest’s schedule.
Personalize Bamboo Wood Signs and Plaques at PlaqueMaker
Our eco-friendly bamboo wood signs and plaques are diverse, beautiful and perfect for your next sign project. These “green” signs will not only look fantastic in your office or home, they will convey a desirable message about your company’s commitment to the environment. Crafted from natural bamboo, these laser-engraved wood signs are custom designed and treated for indoor or outdoor use. Choose from .375-inch and .75-inch thickness; available in any shape and size from 5-inch by 2-inch to 48-inch by 48-inch.
PlaqueMaker.com is a family-owned and operated business located in Indiana. Our custom engraved plaques and more are proudly designed in the USA, using materials sourced from all over the world – that’s 4 million plaques and counting since 1999! Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service representatives manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to manufacture to delivery. Because we’re an online-only operation with a single, locally-owned facility, we can offer a secure order process, lower prices and the fastest possible completion. What’s more – we stand behind our products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.