Establishing a brand identity for your small business is about making the right kind of impression.
If you are one of the millions of people who started a small business this year, how are you defining your brand? Brand identity is not just a to-do item for corporations and larger companies. Small businesses also benefit from leveraging the power of a strong brand or identity:
- It communicates who you are as a company and what you offer to consumers
- It reinforces your purpose and core message
- It differentiates you from the competition
5 Steps for Building Your Company Brand
- Define What You Stand For – Determine the qualities you want customers to see in your business. Talk about your top-notch products, expertise, friendly customer service and reliability.
- Be Strategic – You cannot be all things to all people. Pick the path that focuses your efforts on a core consumer base.
- Develop a Tagline – If you have a motto or slogan, build off of that. If not, write one. Incorporate it into your company logo if it makes sense, all marketing materials and social media posts.
- Integrate Your Brand into Marketing – Think about all the ways you connect with your customers through a company website, traditional advertising, direct mail, email campaigns, media releases, social media, videos and signage. Everything you do to promote your business should include your logo, tagline and brand identity.
- Be Consistent – Create a style guide for your brand that documents the type font to use, colors for the logo and key talking points. It will help you and your employees stay on target about your brand with a clear, consistent message to the public.
A Strong Brand Spells Success
No matter how large or small your business, establishing a strong company brand creates visibility, conveys company values and fosters trust with your clientele. Plus, you can achieve all of this regardless of your budget. Develop a five-year plan to roll out your brand identity. Invest in marketing materials such as a professionally designed logo and website, letterhead, business cards and signage. As your business takes off, reassess the plan and add collateral that fits your needs like tchotchkes for customers and salespeople. A strong brand will grow your small business into the company you always envisioned.
Create Full Color Printed Acrylic Signs at PlaqueMaker
Elegant and sturdy, our indoor/outdoor acrylic signs are available in any size up to 8-feet by 4-feet and custom cut in a variety of shapes. Each order includes one free photo, logo or clip art with unlimited text. Mounting hardware is available. Place your order and receive an email with your free proof and quote in one business day. Once you approve your design, your personalized full color printed sign ships from our warehouse two days later. Quantity discounts are available.
Design It Yourself – PlaqueMaker.com
PlaqueMaker.com is a family-owned and operated business located in Indiana. Our custom engraved plaques and more are proudly designed in the USA, using materials sourced from all over the world – that is 4 million plaques and counting since 1999! Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service specialists manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to production to delivery. Because we are an online-only operation with a single, locally-owned facility, we can offer a secure order process, lower prices, and the fastest possible completion. What’s more – we stand behind our products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and our Blog.