Inquiring Customers Want to Know.
PlaqueMaker uses four processes for laser engraving, depending on the material you choose for your personalized plaque:
- For brass, copper, bronze, stainless steel and titanium, we laser fuse the image to the surface of the material.
- For glass and clear acrylic, we frost the image onto the back of the material.
- For solid cherry, bamboo, granite and marble, we shallow-engrave the image directly into the material.
- For plastic and laser metal, we laser off the top layer of material to reveal the image in a different color underneath.
We use two processes for printing, depending on your application of your personalized plaque:
- For items that are made for indoor use only and can fade in direct sunlight, we use Sublimation, a printing process that heat-presses ink permanently into the material.
- For items designed for both indoor and outdoor use, we use UV Color Printing. The UV-stable ink has a textured, raised effect and creates vivid color. The printing will last for up to two years.
Remember, color printing can be used to print full color photos.
Our expert designers answer customer questions all the time – just ask! 1-866-880-9617
PlaqueMaker.com is a family-owned and operated business located in Indiana. Our custom engraved plaques and more are proudly designed in the USA, using materials sourced from all over the world – that’s 4 million plaques and counting since 1999! Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service representatives manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to manufacture to delivery. Because we’re an online-only operation with a single, locally-owned facility, we can offer a secure order process, lower prices and the fastest possible completion. What’s more – we stand behind our products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.